Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Journey Through Links

Each of the following movies has the same director: The Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, and A Passage to India. His name is David Lean. I saw the above mentioned movies years ago, only that I was a child or a teenager, so I watched them again these days. I was a bit curious about their director, and I was searching the web for his name. You might just want to do the same! Hats off to Sir David Lean!

While typing "David L" in order to continue with "ean", "ynch" was suggested. My mind went back in time to Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks. I've finished typing the initial name, then I've came back to the suggested one.


I was surprised to notice Jerry Seinfeld's picture instead one of Lynch. I dug deeper, and I came over David Lynch Foundation. I thought "Why not?" and continued reading. From here it was just a step to Transcendental Meditation (TM), a new search and a new website. Never heard about TM before, so I was a bit curious about.
It is a simple, natural, effortless procedure practiced 20 minutes twice each day while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed. It’s not a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle. It’s the most widely practiced, most researched, and most effective method of self-development.

Reading further in order to decipher more about this technique, I was surprised to see materials that look rather like TV commercials, than something practical. I just wanted a starting point in order to see if it fits me instead of saying how you will manage to levitate.

I read more about TM, but generally I ran over the same kind of information. So I've typed and searched for "transcedental meditation pros and cons". I'll mention here just two articles:
Western life style might be a stressful one, but is meditation the cure? I'll continue with my body relaxation technique by watching a movie, and I'll have my mind busy for a while after watching it. If the movie has the right message, my mind and soul will benefit from it. If not, I'll try to select a better movie next time! Then I'll have a good sleep!

PS In order to figure out about the quality of a movie prior to watch it, see what people say about it, both on IMDb  and RottenTomatoes!


IMDb
RottenTomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment