Friday, November 14, 2014

Mehedinti County Roads

After a rainy summer, I thought we'll enjoy a sunny autumn. I was pretty wrong. We've had our sunny days at the beginning of the autumn, only the forest was still green. I wanted some sunny days while there are a large palette of colors in the hills towards the Godeanu Mountains in Mehedinti county, Romania.


In between the above mentioned periods of time, I saw some interesting cloud formation near my city (or is it a town?! - I was always wondered), Drobeta Turnu Severin. So I drove that way, and I wanted a better angle, then a better panorama, then a higher ground, then a view after the next corner, and the next... So I've reached a higher altitude village (430 m asl) at some 30 km away from Severin, Ciresu (the cherry tree).

The Wrong Turn
The road is winding among forests, meadows and grasslands.




Sometimes a calf is just sitting in the middle of the road like a veritable statue.


But the best pictures were the flora ones! In order to enjoy the beautiful autumnal flowers, one might want to pull over and make a few steps in the surrounding forests. He or she will be enchanted by a wide variety of colors and sounds! I leave you with the colors, and invite you to listen the sounds by yourselves!

Thistle flower

Clover flower

Thistle flower
Golden Rain

Purity or... Innocence

Little Sun



Rainy Clover

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your nice words, Giga!
    They are really appreciated!
    I wanted to inspire my readers to discover new routes nearby their homes!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete