Sunday, December 4, 2011

Google 3D Warehouse

A while ago Google released another useful online tool named Building Maker. It is the software used in order to create 3D models of the building to be eventually displayed in Google Earth. There is also an offline version named Google SketchUp:


SketchUp is the finest (and most innovative) tool available for anyone designing anything from coffee pots to skyscrapers."
– McCall & Associates

So, I was curious about this new free tool, and I've started to use it. I've created at first a few simple models, which, to my surprise, were accepted! Being somehow pleased with the results, I've continued to improve my technique. So far I've uploaded 28 accepted models of buildings in Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan. Among these models, I consider the following building one of the most interesting:



This is a model which is still under "construction":



In order to see it in 3D or in Google Earth, click here, or follow this link:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=92e6b167723e0a1eb6261ff4537f8c6a

Google has some wonderful apps, only that some of them are very well "kept", and I do not know why...


No comments:

Post a Comment